The Candleby Lane Teaching School Alliance is a cohort one teaching school designated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership in September 2011. The alliance aims to develop a partnership of schools all working together to a shared ethos and aim to improve outcomes for all children.
The Teaching School Alliance works to address the following areas:
- High quality, school led Initial Teacher Training aimed at developing the outstanding teachers and school leaders of the future.
- Continuous Professional Development, delivered both internally across our alliance and externally through our CPD service NETS.
- Talent Management, enabling the identification and development of school leaders.
- Research and Development, delivered through our network of research champions.
- School to school support, supporting whole school improvement across our alliance through a process of peer review and providing targeted support through designated NLEs, LLEs, NLGs and SLEs.